10) Have a Detailed Plan of Action
Get all your ducks in a row before making your request. Take into consideration the guidelines we’ve provided and:
1) Decide when is the ideal time to approach your boss
2) Know what you’re asking for and what you’re willing to accept
3) Have your arguments and counter-arguments memorized and ready to go
4) Relax…as hard as it might be, the more relaxed you are, the more clearly you’ll think, the more confident you’ll appear and the more likely you’ll be to get what you’re looking for.